List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [jdev] Re: [ejabberd] probably bug: registration of existing account
From:       "Oleg V. Motienko" <mmm () ttn ! ru>
Date:       2004-09-22 20:36:46

Hello!

Alexey Shchepin wrote:

>Hello, Oleg!
>
>On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:44:53 +0400, you said:
>
> OVM> Hello!  Sometimes I get messages from server like this.
>
> OVM> [01:47:16] <jabber.mydomain.ru> The user
> OVM> 'skazo4nik@jabber.mydomain.ru' was just created on node
> OVM> 'ejabberd@jabber.mydomain.ru'.  [01:51:48] <jabber.mydomain.ru>
> OVM> The user 'skazo4nik@jabber.mydomain.ru' was just created on node
> OVM> 'ejabberd@jabber.mydomain.ru'.
>
> OVM> This looks like server allow registration of existing
> OVM> account.
>
>No, this user probably unregistered first, and then re-registered again.
>
> OVM> Or this is bug of client program.
>
> OVM> Did anybody have such situation ?
>
>I've seen such behaviour with JAJC, usually after user have tried to
>register on icq transport and then cancels registration, probably JAJC
>sends unregistration packet on main server instead of icq transport.

I think, we find problem (thanks to Michail Pishchagin for help):
This looks like a bug in several jabber clients:
If user add server contact to roster (notafter recieving welcome
message, for ex.), then remove it, clients send unregistration to
server. If this user relogin, client creates new account, with new blank
roster etc.

So, client program must check if servername in JID not equal of name of
deleted service.

--
Regards, Oleg
xmpp: mmm@jabber.ttn.ru