List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [JDEV] Re: jabberd 1.4.2 chokes on its own log file
From:       Frank Seesink <frank () mail ! wvnet ! edu>
Date:       2004-01-24 19:26:46

Sydney,

This is a replay to a 6 month old post of yours (I'm in a weird mood,
going through the mailing list postings, and ran across this), so please
ignore if you're already aware of this.

But in short, if you haven't seen it, please check this posting I wrote
on 3 Nov 2003 regarding this very same subject (relevant info near end
of post).  The URL to Gmane's Web-based version is here:

	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.jabber.devel/20441

and maqi's response:

	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.jabber.devel/20442

In short, this was a bug which was fixed in jabberd 1.4.3.  If you
haven't already upgraded to jabberd2, or have reasons for staying with
jabberd 1.4.x and are still running 1.4.2, I would strongly suggest
upgrading to 1.4.3.