List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    RE: [JDEV] jabber extensions available for handling locationinfor
From:       Joe Hildebrand <JHildebrand () jabber ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 16:55:14

I'd prefer that it work with existing server implementations.

Both the .org and .com servers reject packets that aren't
iq/message/presence with a "400 Bad Request" error.  Since it's unlikely you
are going to talk many server vendors into adding a new top-level element
for this purpose, I'd suggest choosing the existing packet type with the
closest semantics, and just using it.

That being said, of *course* you can write a non-standard server, or, if you
follow the license that came with the source code, add it to an existing
implementation.  Just don't expect to be able to interoperate.

--
Joe Hildebrand