List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [JDEV] iqstats draft
From:       Russell Davis <rkdavis () burninghorse ! com>
Date:       2002-07-27 23:31:46

An updated version of the draft is in psa's hands although as of
27/07/02 @ 7pm EST i haven't yet heard back from him. it has also
been posted at http://outer-planes.net/~linuxwolf/iqstats/ (thank you linuxwolf)

on 27/07/02 reatmon wrote

>The few things that you have pulled out as stats are just... a few
>things.  There are LOTS of things that people will wants stats for

The three core stats are just that "core" stats. they were choosen as being the ones
that most people would/want need to do a quick check of their server/component. By limiting
/component we make complience and support of the namespace less of a burden.

>the namespace you are describing is very limiting for future growth.

I'm not sure what you mean by being limited as the mechanism for extending the namespace
as a component sees fit is described even in the non updated draft.

>although I would change the implemenation to use iq:rpc.

personally I would prefer iq:stats to remain a seperate namespace, however i have
not yet discussed that with my coauthors and they may have different views.

however thank you for your feedback and drafts are only that.
Everything is changeable.

bst rgrds
Russell Davis