List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [JDEV] Gabber for Solaris - Solved
From:       Peter Fales <psfales () lucent ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 19:17:27

Julian,

What problem were you seeing when you compile on solaris?  Were
you just interested in patches for gabber-0.8.7, or were you having
problems with all the other gnome libraries, etc. that it needs?

For gabber-0.8.7, my changes fall into these categories:

1) Missing symbols in TCPTransmitter.cc.  These changes were posted
   in my previous mail to the list, and IIRC were the only things that
   caused outright compilation failure.

2) Seeding the random number generator using prngd.  These changes are
   not needed to get it to compile, but are needed to use SSL on a system
   without /dev/random

3) Patches to play sounds directly when not running under gnome.  These
   are not needed to get it to compile, but are needed if you want to hear
   sounds and are not running under gnome.

Which do you want?

--
Peter Fales			  Lucent Technologies, Room 5B-408
N9IYJ            		  2000 N Naperville Rd PO Box 3033