List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: Re: [JDEV] Non english messages solution?
From:       "Alex She<Wizdomtech - Analyst Programmer>" <alexshe () wizdomtech ! com>
Date:       2001-09-25 6:37:34

> >Mr Gang Liu <gang_l@21cn.com>:
> >why You use java as sever side ? I can not understand you. tell me if
> you can.
> 	I use java to write my own xdb module. The jabberd is from
> jabber.org.
  I work hard to write xdb to oracle , I use xdb_sql and prco c language, and a
long way to go for me. I need detail about java xdb module.
>     I do not change anything in jabberd. I think that u do not
> understand my question.
> U can try it yourself.Send a GBK encoding message to BIG5 client.
  my im client can do this successfully. following is some clues.
  1. jabber im not supprot point to point. A send a msg to b , is a send a msg
to server, and server send it to b if he online, or store and forward.
  2. any client send stream in UTF8, which has a direct bit map to unicode , so
some one call UTF8 as unicode, exactly it is wrong, lookup UTF8 in search
engine for more details.
  3. for big5
http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/OBSOLETE/EASTASIA/OTHER/BIG5.TXT
 4. for gbk
http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP936.TXT
 5. gb2312 is a subset of  GBK after some handle, and you use GBK not gb2312.
All in one: if you convert incoming UTF8 stream to native charset, everything
is done,
BTW , what parser you use in client end? expat? if not , you may look at your
client parser.
goood luuck.