List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [JDEV] Jabber DevZone News - IRC Transport
From:       Jabber DevZone <webmaster () jabber ! org>
Date:       2001-04-26 16:51:51

IRC Transport

The following was posted by tsbandit@jabber.org via the Jabber DevZone web site (http://dev.jabber.org/):

David Waite is working to develop a stable new and improved IRC
Transport for our consumption... While he is working on that, I will
not continue development on IRC-Transport (for 1.4 server), since it
uses the 2.0 groupchat protocol.. which may soon be replaced..

There were many issues with that version of irc-tranport (since it was
still in major beta), and I will put up an older version of
IRC-Transport which uses the 1.0 "Presence Based" groupchat protocol,
which every client still seems to support..

I've been runing into a few problems putting that version up however,
since it needs older versions of libxode, libjabber and libetherx, but
I should have it working sometime tonight.. until then, the
IRC-Transport will remain inoperative..  it seems that it has been
generating too many BUG replies for client authors.. =/

http://jabber.org/?oid=1214