List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    RE: [JDEV] Groupchat with 1.2 problems continue
From:       David Waite <dwaite () jabber ! com>
Date:       2000-12-29 21:04:31

You need to add a groupchat host entry, but to the service for the groupchat
transport, not to jsm.
All routing information is either within the jabber.xml or added on later
with server to server communication.

Also, normally people will run 'third party' or unstable loadable libraries
in another jabberd, and chain the two together - this way if there is a bug
in the library which corrupts memory or causes a segfault, it will only
affect that one component, not the entire jabber server. This is the
recommended setup for groupchat (although the conferencing component has
been pretty stable recently), and is at least decently documented in the
README.

-David Waite