List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [JDEV] 12/29/99 Perl Team Update
From:       Ryan Eatmon <reatmon () ti ! com>
Date:       1999-12-29 15:19:40

Two more days before the Apocalypse...

Yet despite the looming danger I have managed to get further on
Net::Jabber.  After modifying some support functions I was able to
easily enable multiple tags within the same parent tag.  With that,
Rosters are nearly done.  Just need to test them now...

With that completion, I am %90 of the way towards 0.8.1 basic
compatibility.  I do not have support for <x/> tags in there yet, but
that shouldn't be too hard with the new helper function changes I made.
Also, jabber:iq:register, jabber:iq:resource, and jabber:iq:info are not
touched since they are experimental at this point.  Those are on the
list of things to add though.

For the most part I am moving into the testing stage, though it is hard
to test the roster stuff without a good visual indicator and method to
change things like subscriptions, etc...  To that end, PerlClient will
get a face lift to be more 0.8.1 compliant.

Things left to do for Net::Jabber:
- <x/> tag support in Message and Presence.  (Any other places I'm
missing?)
- Create new functions for Client.pm to provide a bunch of high level
functions to make writing a client easy.
- Cleanup Client.pm: documentation, comments, etc...
- Cleanup Jabber.pm: documentation, comments, etc...
- Write an example perl script to include in the distribution.
- jabber:iq:info
- jabber:iq:register
- jabber:iq:resource

Things left to do for PerlClient:
- 0.8.1 compliance.
- Support for sending messages and queuing received messages
- Support for sending presence updates
- Support for adding/removing roster entries
- Support for creating/modifying an account using jabber:iq:register

--

Ryan Eatmon                reatmon@ti.com