List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [JDEV] CVS Removal
From:       Thomas Charron <tcharron () ductape ! net>
Date:       1999-09-20 14:47:55

Quoting Josh Mitts <josh@fired-up.com>:
> OK I have a question that maybe someone can answer.
> After you do a cvs remove on a file, it says to use cvs commit to remove it
> permamently....what do I type? I dont want to re-add the file into the
> repository....

  cvs commit will remove the file from the CVS archives, but NOT delete the
file locally.  If you do a cvs commit, it will simply put a ? next to the
filename, as it doesn;t know the status of it, becouse it is no longer in CVS.
The ONLY way a new file get's added to CVS is if you do a cvs add on the
file/dir.  Just becouse a file is there, does NOT mean it is in CVS
automagically..

Thomas Charron
<< Wanted: One decent sig >>
<< Preferably litle used  >>