List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] New jabberd2 features
From:       Tomasz Sterna <tomek () xiaoka ! com>
Date:       2009-06-16 23:38:28

Since this is a list for Jabber server administrators I think the
information about latest jabberd2 features might be interesting for you.

I will try to keep it short, for the sake of non interested ones.

1. jabberd2 virtual domains support is now more flexible
   You may run many domains in one SM instance, without the need to
launch one SM process per each domain.
Read more: http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2009/06/virtual-domains-for-jabberd2/

2. jabberd2 now supports component clustering
   This is a reverse of the previous feature. You may now launch many SM
instances servicing one domain to distribute server and database load.
Read more: http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2009/06/clustering-for-jabberd2/
   Clustering is also possible with external components. Meaning you may
cluster transport/agent instances too.
Read more:
http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2009/06/transport-clustering-in-jabberd2/

These features are available in jabberd2 SVN trunk and are under heavy
testing. You may help with testing too. :-)
Please report problems on jabberd2 bugtracker:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/jabberd2/

--
Tomasz Sterna
Instant Messaging & EDI Consultant