List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] jabber-jit problems
From:       "Mona Meyer" <meymona () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-25 19:00:28

After overcoming several obstacles, i finally managed to get my own
jabber-Server up and runnig. After I wanted to create my own
ICQ-gateway, so I installed the jabber-jit package on Debian. After
reading README.Debian I modified the jabber.xml with this:

 <service id="icq">
   <host>icq.localhost</host>
   <host>sms.icq.localhost</host>
   <accept>
     <ip>127.0.0.1</ip>
     <port>5555</port>
     <secret>someSecret</secret>
     <timeout>30</timeout>
   </accept>
 </service>

and

 <service type="icq" jid="icq.localhost" name="ICQ Link">
   <ns>jabber:iq:gateway</ns>
   <ns>jabber:iq:register</ns>
   <ns>jabber:iq:search</ns>
 </service>

Of course I changed "icq.localhost" to "icq.mydomain" as well in the
jabber.xml, as in jabber-jit.xml. After that I checked "icq.mydomain"
to be fully resolved by my DNS.

But when I now start jabber, it fails giving me no further information than:
/etc/init.d/jabber start
Starting jabberd: <Failed>

Is there any possbility to activate or improve the debug mode?

Thanks again for any help. I will repay by writing a howto for newbies
like me ;)