List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] PyYIMt chat rooms are broken,
From:       "Norman Rasmussen" <norman () rasmussen ! co ! za>
Date:       2007-11-07 10:27:45

On Nov 7, 2007 11:21 AM, oliver bril <oliver_bril@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  Ps, it is not a function I will use but perhaps useful to know, as far as I
> can determine yahoo has changed there chat rooms. If you connect to a room
> an url is received in the chat room which leads to a webpage. in this page
> you have type over the characters from the random picture which is
> displayed. After that permission to that specific chat room is granted. So
> unfortunately I think the chat room function is broken. (or i am doing
> something wrong which might be the case)

It's not something I use either (can you tell?).  I'm actually glad
that Yahoo have finally decided to do something about this, because
the amount of spam in their chat-rooms was stupid.

If anyone else wants to submit a patch that will make chatrooms work
again, then I'll be happy to apply it, otherwise I think they're
broken for now.

The yahoo servers seem to send some base64 encoded data when I try and
join the room, and I don't feel like downloading the official yahoo
client and corrupting my system with it :-)

--
- Norman Rasmussen
 - Email: norman@rasmussen.co.za