List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    Re: [jadmin] Jabberd2 authentication using PAM & MySQL
From:       Tomasz Sterna <tomek () xiaoka ! com>
Date:       2007-02-26 22:48:55

Dnia 26-02-2007, pon o godzinie 15:59 -0600, Les Seigneur napisaƂ(a):
> I am trying to setup authentication so that a user that I add to the
> local MySQL database will be allowed to login even thought that user
> does not exist in LDAP.

Current jabberd2 authentication (in c2s) support only one backend at a
time. In your case it is a PAM backend.

But it's possible for PAM to use many backends simultaneously. You need
to set up both pam_ldap and pam_mysql plugins with 'sufficient' option
for xmpp auth.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka Grp.  http://www.xiaoka.com/