List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] with jabberd2 how to turn off automatic client subscribing
From:       "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad () shire ! net>
Date:       2007-02-23 18:32:44

Hi

I have a jabberd 2 installation and the owner of the box where the
service is running wants to make it so only preapproved people can
use it.  To that end, after testing that the auto registration
function worked to get myself registered so I could test things, I
took that part out of the config file so now people cannot connect
and register through their clients.  I do have the user auto-create
set in the sm.xml.   We are using a "db" backend,.

I have installed the jabber db manipulation tools found at  http://
www.redbudcomputer.com/updates/jabber/fpacks/jabberd2_user_mng_0_1/
README.txt

I have added a new user using this jabberd2_useradd

Using the jabberd2_userls shows it is there (as well as my test
account that I added through the client registration before I turned
it off)

But in trying to connect to the server using my Adium on OS X it says
that my new test account that was added offline cannot connect.

What do I need to do to make it that only those people who are
preapproved and added offline can connect to the server and use it?

Thanks
Chad
jabber newbie

---