List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] Registration Failed: 409 Conflict
From:       Manuel Mely <mmelyp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-11 14:14:47

Hi there,

i have some problems with my ejabberd server, i'm trying to run
ejabberd 1.1.1-8 (comes with ubuntu edgy's repo) using postgresql 8.1
for authenticating and storage.
but, when i try to register some jid with gaim or other IM i get this error:

Registration Failed: 409 Conflict

I had a look to my ejabberd.cfg again, and i found that i have
configured to "no registration for all clients" , so the suspiction
that was the problem was bad, the problem is still running :(

I have looked for some answers on the web and i found two
threads[1][2] of this problem, but with not a difinitive solution.
Some people say it's problems with postgresql permissions, but i don't
think so, the user that i'm using is free of doing whatever on the
database from anywhere :) .

This are my host_config lines:

{hosts, ["lab.home.cu", "pgsql.home.cu"]}.

{host_config, "lab.home.cu", [{auth_method, ldap},
                              {ldap_servers, ["ldap.home.cu"]},
                              {ldap_uidattr, "uid"},
                              {ldap_rootdn, "cn=admin,dc=home,dc=cu"},
                              {ldap_password, "xxxx"},
                              {ldap_base, "ou=people,dc=home,dc=cu"}]}.

{host_config, "pgsql.home.cu", [{auth_method, odbc},
                                {odbc_server, {pgsql, "127.0.0.1",
"home", "mmelyp", "xxxxx"}}]}.

Note that i have two virtual domains. The openldap-based one is up and
running, but the second ... is waiting for an answer :)

So, i will appreciate some kind of information and help!

Best Regards.

1- http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/node/1243
2- http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2006-February/001588.html

Manuel Mely Pérez
2do Año Ingeniería en Telecomunicaciones. CUJAE
Email1: mmelyp@gmail.com
Email2: manuel.mp@feestudiantes.cujae.edu.cu
Jabber ID1: mely@softwarelibre.cu
Jabber ID2: mely@jabber.cujae.edu.cu
Registered Linux User: #312357
Registered Ubuntu User: #4750
My Blog: http://mmelyp.blogspot.com
Site: http://www.minbas.cu/

...pero dos no es igual que uno mas uno ...
JSabina

--
This message has been scanned on mx1.home.cu for viruses and
believed to be clean.