List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] register bot in the wild?
From:       Jakob Schroeter <js () camaya ! net>
Date:       2005-09-02 20:42:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

it seems there is already some kind of 'register bot' (or even worse) in the
wild.
Today were several (30+) accounts on my public server created, all with
6-digit user names, like '162058'. After creation they stayed online (all
with a resource of 'Wigi') for a few minutes. I don't know whether they sent
anything. A few minutes later the next account was created.
Originating IPs were at least from Iceland, Canada, Australia, Sweden and
France.

Did anyone else see something similar?

cheers,
Jakob