List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] Re: sm die
From:       Stephen Marquard <scm () marquard ! net>
Date:       2005-08-29 17:52:10

Rodrigo Jose Tuval Olmedo Vera wrote:
> I'm sorry,
> I have Jabber 2.0 with MySQL 4.1 and RedHat Enterprise 3.0
> I have 3 users in my databse, but no one can login.
>
> TIA.

This is sort of a FAQ which seems to affect particularly RedHat systems. If you
have more than one version of the mysql client installed and you build jabberd2
with a set of mysql client headers that don't match the installed client
libraries, then sm dies when you try to read from the database (i.e. when sm is
creating a user session).

The solution is to check that you only have one version of the mysql client
installed, and the header and library files are consistent (same version).

Cheers
Stephen