List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    Re: [jadmin] Jabberd2 database help
From:       Steve Ramage <jadminspammedme () sjrx ! net>
Date:       2005-08-24 19:46:42

The Jabber Admin Guide is what you want to follow:
However I should mention this part of it:

*I* Important: Minimum MySQL Version
    Jabberd 2 requires MySQL version 4.0 or higher.

The quickstart for the server is:
http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/docs/quickstart.html

Info on MySQL is here:
http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/docs/section04_4.html

The entire admin guide is here:
http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/docs/

I don't actually know where SuSe is in terms of current releases, and
previous ones. But the fact that yours comes with mysql 2.4 makes me
think it quiet old. An out of date MySQL may not eb your only problem.
I'd personally recommend upgrade to a modern distrobution/release.
Afaik a modern version of SuSE will work fine, or you can choose a
different one.

Steve R