List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    Re: [jadmin] MU Conference via JCR Inquiry....
From:       Paul Curtis <pfc () terrapin ! com>
Date:       2005-02-26 1:00:28

Indigo2 wrote:
> Hello. I've recently setup a jabberd 2.0.6 server and it runs great and
> I am running the mu conference module via JCR.  Now what I was wondering
> is, if I am in a group chat, is it possible to encrypt the chat itself.
> What I mean by this is that all the incoming and outgoing text that is
> exchanged between the server and my client are encrypted (I currently
> use gaim on windows).  I have SSL enabled on my jabber server and I made
> gaim use TLS in the options. Do I have to do any other steps to ensure
> that the conversation between the participants is secure?

The connections between JCR/mu-conference and the jabberd router is not
secure. However, most systems are set up with mu-conference and jabberd2
running on the same server. This means the conversations can only be
intercepted if someone is logged into your jabber server and is able to
"sniff" the traffic between JCR/mu-conference and the jabberd router
process.

Paul