List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    Re: [jadmin] FC3 and jabberd2
From:       Vedran Krivokuca <vkrivoku () inet ! hr>
Date:       2004-11-30 19:22:32

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:09:01 +0200
Olavi <olavi@aetec.ee> wrote:

> hello, problems with fedora and jabberd2
> fresh install of fedora core 3, using mysql 3.23.58 as db, jabberd 2.04s
> while doing ./configure in jabberd it ends complaining that cant find
> mysqlclient libs, in config.log there is:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
> libmysqlclient.so files are in /usr/lib/mysql and I also made symlinks
> in /usr/lib but no help. FC3 has mysql, mysql-devel, mysql-server rpm's
> installed. It does not seem to contain mysql-client rpm anymore but
> libs and binaries seem to be there and mysql server seems working ok
> too.
> is FC3 or jabberd configure borken? any idea how to troubleshoot it?

I'm having no problem at all with MySQL 4.1.7 RPMs from mysql.com on
Fedora Core 1.

# ls -la /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 24 Nov 25 15:31 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so -> libmysqlclient.so.14.0.0

Try getting "official" MySQL RPMs from MySQL site. Not sure if they
offer 3.x still, and you may not want to upgrade to 4.x depending on
your requirements.

--
Vedran Krivokuca <vkrivoku@inet.hr>