List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    Re: [jadmin] Invisibilty in Jabber
From:       "Daniel Henninger" <jadestorm () nc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2004-11-29 13:34:38

> Privacy lists and the newer invisibility protocol (JEP-0126) are not
> supported by Jabberd 1.4.3 (yet).

I'm afraid I'm not understanding how to implement this properly.  First of
all, I'm running a Jabberd 2.0s4 server.  Is JEP-0126 implemented as of
that version?  Second, looking over the JEP is making me question how it
would be used properly.  Take the various transports.  (more precisely,
I'm looking to implement invisibility with PyICQ-t)  Unless I'm reading
something wrong, it looks to me that the client/user would have to know to
grant visibility "rights" to the various transports he or she is
subscribed to.  If this is truly the case, it more or less renders
invisibility in transports useless.  I doubt it is going to occur to many
to grant said access.  Am I simply missing something or is there another
way around this for transports?  Thanks!!

Daniel

--
"The most addictive drug in the world is music."
     - The Lost Boyz