List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    [jadmin] Re: mu-conference
From:       Magnus Henoch <mange () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-03-30 11:20:59

Ian Stokes-Rees <i.stokes-rees1@physics.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> JCR or mu-conference segfault if the permissions on the spool and/or
> log directory (and files) are wrong.  It probably shouldn't do this.

I could reproduce this for when the syslog directory had insufficient
permissions.  The problem is in JCR, on line 37 of jcomp/jcr_log.c,
where a log file is opened with fopen, but success is not checked.

It is not immediately obvious to me what JCR should do in this case,
so I leave the fixing to others.

Regards,
Magnus