List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    Re: [jadmin] Maximum concurrent users on one jabberd
From:       Thomas Muldowney <temas () box5 ! net>
Date:       2001-03-29 19:02:34

Select becomes sluggish on the file sets very very quickly.  I haven't tested
higher FD counts than 1024 on linux 2.4, but that's not the only issue.  Select
was chosen as a base common denominator, and it has pth support.  Unfortunately
my MIO hacks don't work, but I'm making a pluggable front end now.  I have it
mostly working, pretty exciting stuff.  Expect to see patches soon.

--temas