List:       ivy-user
Subject:    Ivy and <jar-file> in persistence.xml
From:       Thomas Much <thomas () snailshell ! de>
Date:       2012-11-13 11:21:06

Hi,

I'm looking for an easy solution to the following problem (if It's =
possible at all):

I have a project (say "MyJPAEntities") with several JPA entities which I =
commit to Nexus via Ivy. It gets versioned as - say - =
myjpaentities-1.0.jar.

Now a second project uses this jar which is retrieved with Ivy.

If I want to use the entities from the entity project within the second =
project, I need to reference the jar file name in persistence.xml:

  <jar-file>myjpaentities-1.0.jar</jar-file>

This works fine, except that I have to alter persistence.xml every time =
a new version of my entity project is committed to Nexus... (which is =
not safe/stable enough if someone else has to maintain the second =
project).

Two questions:

1) Is there an easy way to change the naming scheme for one specific jar =
*on retrieve*? That is, I'd like to retrieve all jars with their version =
number, except my entity project, which I'd like to retrieve with the =
base name without version number ("myjpaentities.jar").

2) Or, if that's not possible, is it possible to retrieve just the =
*name* of an artifact (and not the jar itself)? This way, I could =
filter/change persistence.xml automatically in my Ant script.

Sorry if this is an old topic, but I could find neither a similar =
question nor any solution.

Thanks,
Thomas