List:       ivy-user
Subject:    Re: ivy (2.3) and osgi
From:       Nicolas_Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee () hibnet ! org>
Date:       2012-01-31 18:19:41

Le 31 janv. 2012 à 18:38, Richard Mauri a écrit :

> So is this statement from ivy trunk docs misleading/wrong or ?
>
> "You can also declare in your ivy.xml some OSGi dependency,
> like a Require-Bundle, an Import-Package or an Import-Service, miming
> an OSGi MANIFEST.MF."
>
> My takeaway from this thread so far is that we must duplicate and invent some \
> ad-hoc mapping between ivy and bnd files.

For my point of view, and it is just mine, and it could probably change from your \
input because I don't have much experience with managing OSGi dependencies. The \
                workflow should be the following one:
* declare manually some dependencies in the ivy.xml so build a classpath. These \
dependencies can be declared in the standard ivy way, while targeting an usual \
                ivy/maven repository, or declared in an OSGi way while targeting an \
                OBR.
* then ivy download stuff and build a classpath of bundles; with that classpath you \
                can build you project, or even run the unit tests
* and with this classpath, bnd (with probably some little help of a bnd file) should \
be able to generate a MANIFEST.MF so you can produce a bundle of your project.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Nicolas