List:       ivy-user
Subject:    Reusing configuration
From:       Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-22 5:39:58

I do have few questions about ivy.

In maven there's ".m2/settings.xml" that will always be read by maven
when invoked. Ivy does not have this user wide config, and a file has
to be always specified using:
<ivy:settings file="path/to/ivysettings.xml" />

In other words having ~/.ivy2/ivysettings.xml will never be read every
time without using <ivy:settings /> task

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The second question is about publishing and generating the artifact.
The packaging has to be done manually using ant, then the ivy.xml file
and pom file has to be added before the jar is created. Then it can be
published to a local repo. Is that right or there's a shorter way that
I missed ? If so where should the resolved ivy.xml file be located in
the jar file ?

I am wondering if there is a way to encapsulate some ivy settings in
an ant task that will be used as antlib ?
For example, we need to always publish to a specific resolver with
specific pattern (maven). Can we encapsulate this configuration in an
ant task to used for all the modules ?