List:       ivy-user
Subject:    Setting up Source Dependencies
From:       Jimmy Wan <jimmy () indeed ! com>
Date:       2012-01-17 20:22:06

We've tried annotating source code as an additional publication from our
master configuration, but then I have to filter those artifacts out of my
classpath and tarballs.

I wanted to try storing all of my source in a separate source configuration
and adding source->source to our defaultconfmapping, but anything that
doesn't already have a source configuration errors out. Since we've
probably got a few thousand artifacts in our repository, I don't want to
try and manually patch all of them at once. I'd like to just introduce
source code slowly on a piecemeal basis where we see fit.

In theory, I'd want something like this:
<configurations
defaultconfmapping="master->master(default);source->source?">

where the ? made that entire rule optional.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to do this?