List:       ivy-user
Subject:    Nested dependencies
From:       "Hallagan . Andrew" <ahallagan () hpti ! com>
Date:       2011-11-22 16:06:48

Hi,

Being brand-new to Ivy I have a couple (hopefully) simple questions.  I hav=
e three projects, each with their own separate Ivy configurations, but whic=
h form a dependency chain.  Each project exists in a directory at the same =
hierarchal level as the others (e.g., they all exist under /home/username/)=
 but the project in repo_a/ depends on a JAR file produced by repo_b/, whic=
h depends on a JAR file in repo_c/.  So at the end of the day, repo_a/ need=
s to have the JAR files produced by repo_b/ and repo_c/ in its library.

Now, when I run "ant" from within repo_a/, it will pull the correct artifac=
t from repo_b/, but it will not actually build the project in repo_b/.  I'd=
 like to come up with a way so that the "resolve" task actually goes into r=
epo_b/ and reads the ivy.xml file there and resolves repo_b/'s dependencies=
 and then imports THOSE artifacts, along with the ones repo_b/ produces int=
o the library of repo_a/.

My directory structure is given below, this may help to clarify my question=
.  Notice how A depends on B, and B depends on C.

repo_a/
      ivy.xml
      build.xml
      settings/ivysettings.xml
      lib/
            libraryX.jar
            libraryY.jar

repo_b/
      ivy.xml
      build.xml
      settings/ivysettings.xml
      dist/
            libraryX.jar
      lib/
            libraryY.jar

repo_c/
      ivy.xml
      build.xml
      settings/ivysettings.xml
      dist/
            libraryY.jar

Thank you,

Andrew
________________________________
This electronic message transmission and any attachments that accompany it =
contain information from DRC(r) (Dynamics Research Corporation) or its subs=
idiaries, or the intended recipient, which is privileged, proprietary, busi=
ness confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure and is the exclus=
ive property of DRC and/or the intended recipient. The information in this =
email is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity that is th=
e intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disse=
mination, distribution, retention, or copying of this communication, attach=
ments, or substance is prohibited. If you have received this electronic tra=
nsmission in error, please immediately reply to the author via email that y=
ou received the message by mistake and also promptly and permanently delete=
 this message and all copies of this email and any attachments. We thank yo=
u for your assistance and apologize for any inconvenience.