List:       ivy-user
Subject:    Re: Bundle build scripts
From:       Nicolas_Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee () hibnet ! org>
Date:       2011-02-22 10:32:38

Le 22 févr. 2011 à 08:32, Alex Kiesel a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> after having fiddled around with maven for too long, I have tried
> ivy+ant and things look promising, so far. I like some of the concepts
> of maven, though, like convention over configuration for example, or
> the idea of being able to publish a pom.xml as an artifact.
>
> After having built quite some targets to be able to properly build and
> package my software, I would like to benefit from that infrastructure
> in other projects (actually, even projects that somehow interact /
> depend / connect to). I don't want to introduce implicit dependencies
> onto different svn trees or onto different directories in the same
> source checkout (because they ought to be independent from each
> other). This is where the maven pom packaging comes into play and for
> what I have not yet found a nice ivy alternative (I see that this also
> is not primary focus for ivy).
>
> Did anyone ever package his / her build scripts in a separate artifact
> and distribute them this way? Theoretically, this would easily be
> possible - an issue is, however, how to load these dependencies before
> the actual build system has been fetched.

A project is born from this idea : Easyant [1]
It is now incubating at Apache [2] (no website yet, coming soon).
The project is at an early stage, still in development and refactoring are still \
going on, so it's not ready yet for end users.

Nicolas

[1] http://easyant.org/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/easyant/