List:       ivy-user
Subject:    ivyde: classpath container disappears when all dependencies removed
From:       "Clements Mark" <clements () OFAC ! CH>
Date:       2008-05-26 10:36:46

Hi,

Apologies if this has come up before - I can't see it in Jira.

I have a project that contains the following dependencies in its ivy.xml

<dependencies>
    <dependency org="easymock" name="easymock" rev="2.3" />
    <dependency org="apache" name="commons-lang" rev="latest.release" />
    <dependency org="org.codehaus" name="groovy" rev="latest.release"/>
</dependencies>

I can resolve and retrieve artifacts without any problem. If I remove
all the dependencies and run a resolve, the ivy.xml container disappears
from the project, meaning that it's a bit fiddly to run resolve again
when I add the dependencies back in. A workaround is to do

build path -> configure build path
	-> remove ivy.xml
	-> add library
	-> ivyde managed dependencies

which forces a resolve, but this feels a little clumsy. May I post a bug
for this issue? Note that I'm running with the latest build from hibnet
- thanks Nicolas and whoever else was involved for fixing the last issue
that I posted (IVYDE-93).

Thanks,

Mark