List:       issforum
Subject:    [ISSForum] Perl flexchecks for Internet Scanner
From:       "Sims, Brian (MED US)" <brian.sims () siemens ! com>
Date:       2005-12-28 19:02:20

I seem to be unable to correctly get perl flexchecks working with
Internet Scanner 7.0 SP2, using ActiveState Perl 5.8.   The script works
fine, independently, taking the target IP address as its single
argument.   I've followed the instructions in the KB article
http://iss.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iss.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=
1987, both copying the perl interpreter to the default
<sensor_name>\Custom directory (the script works properly when using
that copy of the interpreter) and editing the appropriate registry key
specifying the original install location.

Internet Scanner is always reporting a success/vulnerability, even
though it does not appear the script is ever run.  I've got it writing
to a log file for debug info, and nothing is written when running it via
Internet Explorer.  I've tried doing the same with the included perl
version of the sample flexcheck for ICQ, and get the same results, so it
is not just my script...

Relevant registry values:

Value Name: CheckArgs
Value Data: "C:\Program
Files\ISS\issSensors\malvern_test\Custom\sqlpwd.pl"

Value Name: CheckExe
Value Data: C:\Program Files\ISS\issSensors\malvern_test\Custom\perl.exe
(when trying to use copied interpreter)
            C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe (when using original install path)

It would seem to me to be as simple as specifying those two correctly,
but apparently I'm missing something.   Has anyone successfully gotten
perl flexchecks to work?   Any advice?

Thanks.

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice@shs.siemens.com

Thank you