List:       issforum
Subject:    Network Sensor on nokia ( Failover? )
From:       "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <naif () inet ! it>
Date:       2002-07-29 17:05:01

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
majordomo@iss.net  Contact issforum-owner@iss.net for help with any problems!

Hello,

i have a question regarding license and the implementation of a solution where
i have two nokia ip330 with checkpoint firewall-1 with VRRP ( not load
balancing but one firewall active and the other in standby ).

Now the customer is interested in buying ISS Realsecure and putting it on the
same nokia ip330 used for firewalling purporses and would like to have
HA in the same way that checkpoint does.

One agent in standby and one agent sniffing the network.
If the primary network sensor goes down the secondary should come up.

My question is, how it's possible to do that?

I don't see any info regarding high avaiability of Network Sensor, and
obviously i don't want either to pay two licenses and to receive doubled logs
from two sensor sniffing the same segment.

Regards

-naif