List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] State of ispman?
From:       johannes.egger () tigerlair ! net
Date:       2011-05-03 5:16:36

ispconfig 3 supports multiple servers.

Some things are counter-intuitive to me, and the overall architecture
isn't what I'd prefer (mysql vs ldap as a backend, etc) but even at that
it seems more "stable" at this point than ispman.

It needs some more polish, but I think it might turn out to be a good
replacement some time down the road.

One of my main problems with ispconfig 3 is that I don't trust the
sanity-checking of the UI. I seem to remember that mistakenly entering
something wrong in the DNS UI (either through a typo or by making a wrong
assumption about how it worked) caused the DNS server to shut down due to
incorrect zone file syntax. Since administration of specific DNS zones can
be delegated to end-users, this is not a good state of affairs.

There are other problems - i really dislike the inability to assign users
to other resellers once they've been set up. There may be other problems,
as I haven't dug into it deep enough.

Overall it is starting to look ok. Its good enough for me, knowing how to
work around some of its shortcomings.

Br,