List:       ispman-users
Subject:    [Ispman-users] LDAP indexing problems
From:       Wim Kerkhoff <wim () nyetwork ! org>
Date:       2005-04-29 6:52:07

Hi all,

Recently I converted my ISPMan LDAP databased from DBM to LDBM, since
the DBM was corrupting itself and causing tons of grief.

Converting was a simple matter of nuking /var/lib/ldap, and using
slapadd to restore from a slapcat backup. Everything seemed to perform
as fast or better then before, no errors, email worked fine, and so on.

However, now whenever a user's details (password, name, quota, etc) is
changed using the ISPMan admin control panel, that user can no longer
login. Some poking around with ldapsearch proves that a search for
"(uid=username_domain_tld)" has no results.

My workaround has been to set slapd to readonly mode, run slapindex,
then disable readonly mode :-(

After running slapindex, that user object seems to be permanently fixed.
Further password/etc changes don't break the lookups.

Any ideas on what might actually be happening?  The only things that
have changed is that back_ldbm.so is being used instead of back_bdm.so,
the database type is changed, and the database itself was rebuilt.
Indexing is identical to that in the default ISPMan slapd.conf.

Thanks in advance,

Wim