List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] Importing an ISPman database
From:       David Jacoby <dj () outpost24 ! com>
Date:       2005-04-28 14:13:22

Hi Ulli!

Thanx for your help, ive been struggling with this problem for two
weeks now, and i havent got it to work because i used the "slapcat"
command to dump the database.

I actually dont know exactly what i did to make it work now, but
i extracted the database as you said, and then i acutally overwrite
the file called tmp/ldifs/ispman.ldif in the ispman source directory
and executed "make ldif-install" and it updated everything and viola
the datbase was there :P

Thanx for the help!

Best regards
David Jacoby

Uli Schellhaas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i did those things 2 days ago:
>
> first export using ispman:
> /opt/ispman/bin/ispman.ldifdump >myispmanldap.ldif
>
> then you can vi the file, change any changing IPs, hostnames...
>
> if you do version upgrade for ispman also:
> (i unpacked ispman in /root, so my path is: )
> /root/ispman/scripts/ldifupdate -i /root/myispmanldap.ldif -o
> /root/newldif.ldif
>
> THEN i would let ispman setup pupulate a initial ldap - ythats a part
> of the setup process :  make ldif-install (?)
> be sure you use same backends (o=ispman, o=conf ... you know what i
> mean) and admin users .
>
> finally populate the initial ispman ldap with the updated ldif:
> /opt/ispman/bin//ispman.ldifload -f /root/newldif.ldif
>
> thats it.
>
> Greetings.: Uli Schellhaas

David Jacoby
Research & Development