List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] ISPMan and mod_vhs
From:       Andreas John <aj () net-lab ! net>
Date:       2005-03-05 17:41:09

Hello Scott,
hello Atif,

We are using vhost_alias for a couple of years now without ispman.
Gernerally it's fine stuff, but it's no longer under development AFAIK.

As Atif stated: You also lose some flexibilty -> that's why we are
moving from vhsot_alias to ispman :)

Cons:
- no Errlog per vhost possible (ask the Apache people why. Errorlogs are
free-form text, i .e. it's not possible to insert "vhost" in the first
column)
- accesslog per vhost only with external stuff (like a vlogger, in out
case slightly patched) [1]
- no suexec per vhost
(I mean - vhost in a sende of ispman calls it - it's possible to set
"user" and "group" in <virtualhost> but only one user per directive, not
per "sub-host)
- suphp works (because it looks for the file's owner. BTW: Is there
something similar for cgi too??)

It would be also possible to model the vhost_alias functions via
mod_rewrite [2]

IMO it's would be a smart solution to work on vhost_alias, to patch in
workarounds for the problems mentioned above.

And more ideas? Criticism welcome ;)

rgds,
Andreas

[1] http://n0rp.chemlab.org/vlogger/