List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] sarge
From:       Rodney Richison <rodney () rcrcomputing ! com>
Date:       2004-11-20 0:55:04

Rodney Richison wrote:

> Am working on a load, and docs, have a quick question. I'm getting
> down EVERY DETAIL!!
> When apt-get slapd, if I have a  these lines in the slapd.conf, I get
> asked which type of database to use. If they are not there, it
> defaults to the wrong type.
> So should my docs say to make a file /etc/ldap/slapd.conf with these
> two lines in it before you install slapd?  Or rerun dpkg-reconfigure
> after you have done so?

Okey doke, I 'll figure this part out.

Ok now, debian makes these lines in it's slapd.conf
*****************************
suffix          "dc=rcrnet,dc=net"
by dn="cn=admin,dc=rcrnet,dc=net" write
*****************************

ispman makes these lines
***************************
suffix "ispman"
rootdn "cn=Directory Administrator, ispman"

So, in the debian configuration the question "What is your dns name"  is
where it wants the suffix.
But I don't get where to put in "Directory Administrator,ispman" during
initial setup of the database, so of course slapd won't start. So what
to do at this point?

I'm gonna stay hard headed on this till something falls...    :)
Hopefully you guys won't tire of my questions. I am going to post the
howto when done.