List:       ispman-users
Subject:    [Ispman-users] Re: pure-ftpd problem
From:       Daniele Paolucci <d.paolucci () sssup ! it>
Date:       2004-10-30 9:05:23

Paul Wolstenholme wrote:
> Hi Daniele,
>
> I was just going through the ispman archives and noticed that you were
> having the same authentication problems with pure-ftpd that I'm having.
> Were you able to come up with a solution?
>
> Regards,
> Paul

My problem came with a custom acl in slapd.conf
that make users read their password and hide it to
other users, so i did a custom acl in slapd.conf
to make it see userPassword:

access to attribute=userPassword
         by dn="uid=ispman,ou=admins,o=ispman" write
         by dn="uid=ftp,ou=admins,o=ispman" read
         by dn="uid=apache,ou=admins,o=ispman" read
         by anonymous auth
         by self write
         by * none

obviously u have to add those users in