List:       ispman-users
Subject:    [Ispman-users] ISPman not making vhosts.conf anymore...
From:       Ralph Forsythe <rf-list () centerone ! com>
Date:       2004-07-20 19:47:18

Basically I'm unsure what's going on now.  We had some problems with the
server running out of swap earlier in the week so I rebooted.  Was in
httpd.conf with 'vi' today while I made a change to a vhost through
ISPman, and now my /usr/local/etc/apache2/vhosts.conf file just shows 2
bytes (basically, 2 blank lines).  Naturally, this is not good at all.

My system is running FreeBSD 4.9, apache2, etc and was working fine before
whatever happened here.

I wouldn't think being in httpd.conf would cause this since it should only
touch vhost.conf, right?  I backed out my virtual host changes and it
still won't put anything useful in the vhost.conf file.  I even tried
adding a junk vhost to one of my domains, with no change, hoping that it
would force a rebuild of that file.

I have plenty of available space, and an 'ispman.showvhost -d domain.com'
lists out the virtual host that should be there for that particular
domain.  Right now apache is listening but just serving up empty
directories (no idea where it's pointed, probably nowhere of consequence).
Most of my sites are name-based, with a couple locked into specific IP's
for various reasons.

Any ideas?  Is there a way to force it to remake this file?  I don't see
any errors in the logs, and the information appears to be in the configs
just fine, but for some reason it just won't build the file.

Help!

Thanks,
Ralph