List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] ispman-1.1 ispman agent dies and other problems
From:       Jeff Meden <jmeden () qn ! net>
Date:       2004-01-29 20:55:50

Glad to hear it, and more documentation is always welcome.  Migration
issues especially, since many people are skeptical on using the product
since it's a steep divergence from just about every other system out
there.  What sort of DNS problems were you having?  There is no specific
interface between Bind8/9 and ldap, the configurations are created as
local files by the ispman-agent and the named process takes over from
there, meaning it should be one of the easier components.  The only
things that sometimes give trouble are the dns configuration options in
ISPman, about locations of the files and processes.  In many ways, open
discussion on the mailinglist of just about any problem is a good first
step towards more complete documentation, considering the list archives
are usually the first place to be searched when users have problems.

Jeff Meden