List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] adding ns records problem
From:       "Tony Wasson" <wasson () azxws ! com>
Date:       2004-01-09 18:05:54

>>> I think a little tweaking inside the lib/dns.tinydns.lib file should
>>> create data files like you want. (See lines 70-100).
>>> Would it work for
>>> your situation to try to match the NS records against the configured
>>> "Primary" DNS server shown when you do ispman.listVars?
>>
>> That works.... but I often have to use other host aliases for those
>> nameservers..
>> But yes, if I change it every time I want to add a domain.. it works..
>> So it seems like the "adding ns records" interface should be made more
>> aware on the order of input of these nameservers..
>>

> Even that does not work always.. I will tweak lib/dns.tinydns.lib for the
> mean time.
> Any idea when there will be a final solution for it?

As far as I know, someone needs to implement the features in tinydns.lib.
As soon as someone submits patches, it will get applied to CVS and be
done. If anyone familiar with tinydns wants to finish the code it would be
great!

I'd also like to get any needed steps to install tinydns with ispman for
an attempt at complete documentation for the project.