List:       ispman-users
Subject:    [Ispman-users] issues with ispman
From:       "Toni Riekkinen" <toni.riekkinen () pp ! inet ! fi>
Date:       2003-10-13 23:14:25

Hi,

Sorry for delay, here are shortly some of my issues/requests I've had with
ispman and related software, using ispman-0.9.7:

- setting quota when adding user in wrong order, I think this is now fixed

- special characters and ldap issue, as discussed, will be in 1.0

- very long usernames and pure-ftpd problem, solved, raise MAX_USER_LENGTH
before compiling pure-ftpd (pure-ftpd decreased it starting from some recent
version)

- ispman and postfix maps, there are some strange behavior with mail
delivery when doing changes from gui, not solved, as workaround now using
postfix with dynamic ldap configuration, working great

- need for global mail aliases (ex. postmaster@), solved with postfix regexp
table

- using email addresses (and also email aliases should work!) as username
instead of user_domain_tld, pop/imap ok with perdition, but not yet solved
with postfix (smtp auth problem), so I'm not using this at all (I want my
users to be able to use same username/password pair with both incoming and
outgoing mailserver)

- need to allow "-" character in vhosts, solved, will also be in 1.0

- setting quota etc. from cli, will be in 1.0

- about billing solutions, getting billable data out from ldap, logging of
client changes (amount/size of mailboxes etc.), dunno, still looking for...

- finnish translation, 1.0 will have multilanguage support from 0.9.7-l1on,
right? I'll do this after 1.0 is ready for production usage and I've
migrated to it

- changing domain type, handwork, ok, not needed so much

- soap interface for possibility to code own client control panel with php,
as discussed earlier, not needed so much if customer control panel will be
improved

- admin gui, minor things:
    * add domain -> domain type dropdown menu could be a bit wider
    * manage mailgroups -> more rows for members box
    * domain -> table of domain could be somehow different
    * domain type is not shown at edit somedomain.tld page, also amount of
users and vhosts are not calculated
    * vhost edit -> needs to be more configurable, I liked someone idea on
the list of choosing "profile" for vhost, or possibility to add totally own
vhost configuration manually from gui or something... many of my vhosts have
different settings, rewrite rules, possibility for "AllowOverride All" for
directory options etc.

- customer control panel seems very slow for some reason, admin panel works
faster, no idea why

- vhost statistics, I wrote my own simple logrotate/webalizer scripts to run
daily for all vhosts, not so great but works

- disaster recovery actions? has anyone ready ldapmodify scripts / documents
of actions to do for example urgent mailbox backend change for many domains
on it?

I haven't though of yet so much what features I might be needing near
future, so far basic ispman has done great job for me. It is only certain
that things ain't going for simplier, more and more extra stuff will be
needed, I'm not using zope etc discussed on the list, dunno where to
actually draw line what belongs to ispman and not...

Regards.

++Toni