List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] DNS setup you can use 101
From:       Jon Clemons <clemdog () marshallnet ! com>
Date:       2003-11-24 11:51:54

 I use Bind version 9.2 with ISPMAN and ACL's. The secondary is setup in
ISPMAN also and any changes are automatically sent to both servers although
not via the normal master slave setup both really act as masters. I use
default caching within Bind which hasn't been a problem. I am using it for
both primary and secondary for my domains or only providing secondary services
for others. That part works fairly well. The have only seen two issues. The
first issue is if you have more than a couple Class C's ISPMAN is managing DNS
for under one domain it takes a while to populate the screens for listing all
the A records for that given domain. So if you had 27 Class C's under one
Domain you definitely would not want to use ISPMAN to manage them. The second
issue was the reverse zones files not incrementing the serial number when
records are updated or changed. Atif, told me he corrected the serial number
issue last night.