List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] domain hosting only (0.9.7+cvs)
From:       "Justin Albstmeijer" <justin () VLAMea ! com>
Date:       2003-10-27 19:32:26

>> What to do if you only want to host a domain without the actual mail/web
>> "Domain services".?
>>
>> When creating a domain you must choose between the "Domain Services",
>> mail
>> and or web.
>> I cannot choose something like "none".
>>
>> This makes my postfix deamon try to deliver the mail localy, by adding
>> the
>> domain to destination_domains.
>
> Where should email for this domain go? I'd set the lowest MX record to the
> correct server and make sure the domain is set to deliver email to MX, not
> Locally.

Ofcourse, that should work, but still the entries are added to:

destination_domains
relay_domains
transport_domains

If a user wants to send a user of this domain an email using this outgoing
postfix mail server, postfix will try to deliver it localy
(destination_domains)

So there should be an "Domain Services - none " option to run dns for a
domain without having these entries added to postfix.
Or if I select "MX" instead of "local" ispman should not add these entries
to postfix.