List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] Question on vhost.hash
From:       wasson2 () azxws ! com
Date:       2003-10-20 21:22:15

Quoting Tarjei Huse <tarjei@bergfald.no>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering about vhosts.hash, the file that ispman creates and edits
> as an intermediary to vhosts.conf, the apache cofnig file (the name may
> vary).
>
> a) When a new host is added is the whole file regenerated?
Not with .97. I just see my additions made to the end of file.

> b) What happens if I delete the file?

Nothing special as far as I see. Apache keeps running happily. With my .97 the
agent just recreates apache.conf.hash file when I add a new vhost. I've deleted
the file after changing the apache template and then run ispman.ldap2apache to
recreate it with new settings.

> c) What happens when the vhosts.conf file is regenerated, is the whole
> file recreated then?

Not sure what you mean here. When you run ispman.ldap2apache, a temp file is
made then copied over vhosts.conf.hash.