List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] call to log analysing / reporting experts
From:       David Morton <mortonda () osprey ! net>
Date:       2003-09-24 18:39:00

Atif Ghaffar wrote:

> Did you find a way to better the way we use webalizer?
>
> I dont think we are using webalizer in the optimum way.
> For example: we are parsing all the old log files to generate the report.

Before setting up ispman I made a script to help with this...
webalyzer can do incremental updates, and with a little file
organization, it works.  I also kept all the old log files around just
in case something broke and I had to rebuild the logs, which can takes a
long time.

Right now, it uses rotatelogs from the apache tools to divide the
logfiles up into seperate days.  I think that could be modified.

I'll dig up the script if you'd like....

--
David Morton