List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] BIND-sdbLDAP over FreeBSD
From:       Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar () developer ! ch>
Date:       2003-03-22 12:07:47

Hi Wendel.

ISPMan is not at all a Linux application.
It is targetted towards Unix.

Most of my development it done on Mac OS X.
There are a number of systems running ISPMan on Solaris.
There are a number of systems running ISPMan on Linux.
There was a system running ISPMan on Linux s/390.

The 3 main platforms that gets tested from me are
Linux
Solaris
Mac OS X

I dont see any reason why it should not work on any other unix where the
applications required work.

Instead of trying to get sdbLDAP working from start, try to get the
bind8 configuration working - ie: flat files generated from LDAP.

See zone.*.template in /opt/ispman/templates
for more infos.

best regards.

wendel wrote:
> Has someone installed BIND-sdbLDAP over FreeBSD?
>
> I'm building a new box over FreeBSD and I want to use BIND-sdbLDAP over
> FreeBSD.
>
> All resources to run ISPMAN are woking fine. I alred have BIND9 configured
> and runing, but I want to concentrate all configuration on LDAP now.
>
> I think that ISPman area a native Linux application, but it are working fine
> and fast o BSD.
>
> Searching on the net I see tha another users have the same problem [1] and
> found this patch[2] but it don't work and on the named.log I get:
>
> <snip>
> 21-Mar-2003 12:16:07.242 parser: /etc/named.conf:84: syntax error near
> 'database'
> 21-Mar-2003 12:16:07.243 config: 'file' statement missing for master zone
> dotpix.com.br
> 21-Mar-2003 12:16:07.243 config: zone 'dotpix.com.br' did not validate,
> skipping
> <snip>
>
> Off course, I'm runing BIND chrooted but I think that is a compilation
> problem.
> The line generate by ispman is:
>
> <snip>
> zone "dotpix.com.br" IN {
>         type master;
>         database "ldap
> ldap://localhost/dc=dotpix,dc=com,dc=br,ou=DNS,o=dotpix 172800";
> };
>
> <snip>
>
> [1] Compiling BIND9 with SDB (LDAP) - help!
> [2] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=44270&f=raw
>
> --
>
> wendel - Gerente de Projetos
> DotPix ASP/Con, Ltd.