List:       ispman-users
Subject:    Re: [Ispman-users] Cyrus Quota BIG PROBLEM
From:       Wil Cooley <wcooley () nakedape ! cc>
Date:       2003-02-15 5:59:11

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 07:53, Atif Ghaffar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have used 2.1 and it works fine with ispman.
> Havent tried the virtual domain thing yet, but AFAIK it takes
> user@domain and splits it getting user as the identifier which wont work
> for many other things. (FTP for example)
>
> The current good aproach to using user@domain.tld is to pass that to
> perdition which retrieved user_domain_tld@cyrusServer and connects using
> user_domain_tld

Yeah, and IIRC, the reason ISPMan munges the username@example.com is
because Cyrus won't handle mailboxes with '.' in them.  Everything else
AFAIK will handle both the '@' and '.' in usernames.  So, if ISPMan were
adapated (or had an option to adapt) to the Cyrus 2.2 virt dom support,
the user-domain munging could go away (at least for that).  Among other
things, this would make it easier to use other apps which didn't need or
understand the munging.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *