List:       ispman-users
Subject:    [Ispman-users] LDAP Errors When Adding New Domain
From:       "Gary C. New" <garycnew () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-17 6:02:51

Has anyone successfully installed ISPMan-0.9.3 with
openldap-2.1.4?

I recently successfully installed and configured
ISPMan-0.9.3 using openldap-2.1.4.  However, now, when
I attempt to add a domain for the first time I get a
long string of ldap errors.  This is very strange as I
can successfully change/update the "configure" portion
of the web admin at the same time.  The following are
a few of the ldap errors being generated when I try
and add a new domain:

Return code: 65
Error name: LDAP_OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION
Error text:
Error desc: Object class violation
MessageID: 21
Error: invalid structural object class chain
(ispmanDomain/posixGroup)
Server Error: invalid structural object class chain
(ispmanDomain/posixGroup)
DN:
Canonical DN:

Package: ISPMan::LDAP
Filename: /opt/ispman/lib/ISPMan/LDAP.pm
Line: 699
dn:ispmanDomain=tech.org, dc=mail, dc=org objectclass:
top ispmanDomain posixAccount posixGroup PureFTPdUser
ispmanstatus: active ispmancreatetimestamp: 1032240618
ispmandomaintype: primary ispmandomainowner: tech
ispmandomaincustomer: tech ispmandomain: tech.org
ispmandomainmaildeliverymethod: local cn: tech.org
uid: tech.org uidnumber: 1001 gidnumber: 1001
homedirectory: /home/tech.org userpassword: ******
loginshell: /bin/false ispmanmaxaccounts: 25
ispmanmaxvhosts: 25 ispmandomainservice: mail
ispmandomaindefaultmaildrophost: mail
ispmandomaindefaultwebhost: mail ftpstatus: disabled
ftpquotambytes: 100

Package: ISPMan::LDAP
Filename: /opt/ispman/lib/ISPMan/LDAP.pm
Line: 533

Return code: 32
Error name: LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT
Error text:
Error desc: No such object
MessageID: 176
Error: No such object
Server Error:
DN: ou=processes,dc=mail,dc=org
Canonical DN: OU=processes,DC=mail,DC=org

I believe the error code 65 (Object class violation)
is due to my use of openldap-2.1.4.  When I initially
setup ispman and installed the default ispman.ldif, I
had to make a few corrections to the ldif's ou= syntax
as ldap_v3 is a little more stringent.  It seems,
however, there must be a few other files that need the
corrected syntax made to them (I'm not sure which,
though).

In regard to the 32 (No such object) errors, I'm not
sure why these errors are being produced as I am able
to ldapsearch the same DNs manually without issue, for
the most part.

All comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Respectfully,

Gary